Established in 1945
The roots of Smith Products are deeply ingrained in the craft of furniture-making.
The company opened its old barn doors in 1945 to compete with the area’s expanding furniture manufacturing market. By the 1960s, Bob Smith had made the migration to custom cabinets, but retained the craftsmanship and joinery so respected of his furniture. Upon retiring in 1992, ownership transferred to Richard Loosemore. Richard utilized his experiences with Herman Miller and embarked on the process of melding time-honored techniques with innovative technologies to make Smith Products the company it is today.